African American, Bi-Racial and Caucasian infants.
Diocese of Baton Rouge, comprising the twelve civil parishes of
- East Baton Rouge
- West Baton Rouge
- East Feliciana
- West Feliciana
- Pointe Coupee
Occasionally we are able to accept applications outside of our diocese if they meet needs in our pool of approved and waiting families. Please contact us to discuss this further.
Specific Requirements for Adoption:
- Applicants of any religion, race or nationality/extraction may apply.
- The recommended age for application is between the ages of 21 and 43.
- If married, applicants must be in a legal marriage of at least three years’ duration.
- Applicants must provide confirmation of spiritual commitment.
- The preparation and assessment process includes submission of requested and required documentation, criminal and child abuse registry clearances, references, group training of a minimum of 10 hours and a home study, which includes individual, couple and family interviews as well as visits to the family’s home.
Interested in learning more about adoptions?
Attend one of our Adoption Matters workshops, a presentation covering all aspects of finding families for children. Many are intimidated about the process and not sure where to start. Come hear our experienced social workers demystify the journey toward a successful adoption and building happy families by registering for one of our workshops.