All around the country kids are going back to school. Ideally, this is not an issue you have to worry about, however, statistics show that 1 in 3 U.S. students say that they have been bullied at school. The “KnowBullying” App will teach parents and guardians how to recognize the warning signs and how to broach the topic with their children. This FREE app by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is available for iPhone® and Android™ smartphones.
- Conversation Starters: Start easy, meaningful conversations with your children.
- Tips: Learn strategies to prevent bullying.
- Warning Signs: Recognize if your child is engaging in bullying, being bullied, or witnessing bullying.
- Reminders: Talk with your child when you have a quiet moment on the way to school or a game.
- Social Media: Share successful strategies and advice via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text messages.
- Section for Educators: Prevent bullying in the classroom and support children who are being bullied.
For more information visit: http://www.samhsa.gov/newsroom/advisories/1408125247.aspx