- Services are provided to clients of all races and religious backgrounds.
- Social workers will connect expecting parents to medical and community resources that will assist with pregnancy and parenting.
- Counseling and maternity services are provided at no cost to the client.
- Services are provided by licensed social workers with many years of maternity and adoption experience.
- A supportive and empowering environment is provided for pregnant moms to make the best parenting plan they can for their child.
- Counseling to explore adoption and parenting options is given in a pressure-free environment. Clients are never pressured to make an adoption plan.
- Extended family members touched by the unplanned pregnancy and crisis are also welcome to access counseling services at the agency.
- Fathers are encouraged and welcomed to also receive services.
- Financial assistance to clients is considered on a case-by-case basis.
Why Choose Catholic Charities to Make My Adoption Plan for My Child?
As a parent, you want to make the best plan for your child and yourself. Our maternity social worker can assist you in making informed decisions for your child’s future. Counseling in a supportive, pressure-free setting helps you to consider your options and work through the challenges you are facing.
Catholic Charities assists you with maintaining a healthy pregnancy by helping you access medical care and planning for your child’s birth and care. The agency also connects women to resources in the community to ensure a healthy pregnancy and positive birth experience. Your social worker can help with transportation to doctor’s appointments and hospital visits. If requested, your social worker can be with you during labor and delivery. The first goal of our program is a healthy mom and baby.
Choosing a Family
As the birth parent, you select the adoptive parents from our list of families who are prepared and approved to adopt. We will help you choose and facilitate the level of openness and communication that you want to embrace with the family of your choice.
Openness and continued contact after the adoption between birth and adoptive families is welcomed and facilitated. You can choose the amount and type of future communication that you want with your child and his or her adoptive family. This can include exchanged pictures, updates, and even face to face visits. Our agency is here to assist you in building a lifelong relationship with the adoptive family.
There is no cost to make an adoption plan through Catholic Charities. After delivery, all remaining medical costs, not covered by personal insurance or Medicaid, are paid by the agency.
All legal services are provided by attorneys known by our agency to have the utmost integrity and provide exceptional services to birth parents. They spend individual time with each client to explain the adoption legal process and answer individual questions. Their services are provided at no cost to you.
The Baby’s Father
Many fathers want to be an integral part of the adoption process. The agency encourages and welcomes their involvement. If you are unsure who your baby’s father is or if he is unwilling to join you at the agency, we can help you determine the best way to move forward in your adoption planning process.
Ongoing Support and Counseling
Even after placement, you will continue to receive services including supportive counseling and referrals for services. We offer a monthly support group for birth mothers. We are here and will be here for you for as long as you need us. Catholic Charities has been providing adoption services for over 50 years.
We have a private entrance to our offices, and we respect your right to competent and confidential services at all times. Your confidentiality is important to us and demanded by our agency and the National Association of Social Workers.