You are not alone!
- An unplanned pregnancy can cause fear, anger, frustration, and feelings of hopelessness.
- Catholic Charities is here for you!
- We provide free counseling services and emotional support for pregnant women.
- If you are over 18, pregnant and homeless, you can apply for our Sanctuary for Life program.
I want to parent my child!
- Parenting is an exciting and exhausting job. A new baby in your life can be overwhelming.
- Catholic Charities can help.
- We will connect you to needed community resources.
- We can provide baby care items for your child.
- We can refer you to parenting, nutrition, and money management classes.
I am interested in adoption!
- You are in control of your adoption plan at Catholic Charities.
- Catholic Charities has over 50 years of experience in adoption.
- We provide services for women and families of all races, ethnicities and faiths.
- There is no cost to you to make an adoption plan through Catholic Charities.
- Transportation is provided to doctor and hospital appointments.
- Your social worker will educate you about the adoption process and assist you in finding the right adoptive family for your child.
- In open adoption, future communication with your child and his/her family can include family visits, letters, pictures, and communication by text or e-mail.
- You will never be pressured into making an adoption plan.
- If requested, your social worker can attend delivery and provide emotional support.
- We welcome involvement by the birthfather in the adoption process.
- If you are homeless and at least 18 years old, you can also apply for our Sanctuary for Life
- Commonly asked Questions about adoption
- When can the birthmother sign her parental surrender?
- When can the birthfather sign his parental surrender?
- Will I be able to see and hold my baby after delivery?
- Can I name my baby?
- Can you find a home for a child or baby with special needs?
- When is my adoption decision a permanent one?
For answers to these questions and for more information, contact Catholic Charities Maternity and Adoption programs at 225-336-8708.